Whether you are a professional at woodworking or engaged on a DIY project at home, mini circular saws are great tools to have around. You never know when you are going to need one, as they almost always come in handy. One of the best things about mini circular saws is that they are easy to handle courtesy of their size—they won’t be giving you much of a hassle.
Now, for that smooth and hassle-free experience, you will need a mini circular saw that suits your preferences and project’s needs perfectly. That said, you will have a wide selection to choose from, which can get tiring. We went ahead and carried out the legwork for you and came up with the best mini circular saws on the market. Let’s dive in, shall we?
- 1 When Choosing a Mini Circular Saw
- 2 Our Picks For Best Mini Circular Saws in the Market
- 3 WORX WORXSAWWX429L 4-1/2” compact circular saw
- 4 TACKLIFE circular saw with metal handle
- 5 GENESIS GCS445SE 4.0 Amp compact circular saw
- 6 Dremel US40-03 ultra-saw
- 7 Rockwell RK3441K compact circular saw
- 8 HYCHIKA mini circular saw
- 9 Homitt 5.8A 3500RPM mini circular saw
- 10 WORX WX523L 20V 3-3/8” mini circular saw
When Choosing a Mini Circular Saw
There are some essential aspects you may need to consider when shopping around for a mini circular saw. There is more to it than just pick-one-and-go. For instance; you’ll have to consider the kind of project you are working on, how big is it? Is it a one-time project? What materials are cutting into? These questions will help you decide which mini circular saw is ideal for your project.
1. Motor power
Motor power is essential in determining whether a particular mini circular saw is fit for your project or not. On average, mini circular saws range anywhere from 3 to 6 Amps, and some even as high as 7.5 Amps. Of course, the higher the motor power, the better the machine will perform with thicker and more robust materials.
The reason why mini circular saws don’t pack as much power as regular-sized saws is basically due to their size. They are not meant to be bulky and ridiculous to carry around. They are compact and easy to work with, but the catch is how much power they can yield.
2. Cutting depth
The blade size affects the cutting depth of a saw. Once you are aware of how deep the prospective saw cuts, you can quickly determine the type of jobs it can handle. You will come across many mini circular saws on the market that cut at depths of 1 and 2 inches. After all, they are meant to be small, so it’s not expected that they should cut more in-depth than that, however, anything less than 1 inch is seriously not worth the effort as it will severely limit the number of jobs you can do with it.
While many people believe that price is a huge indicator of quality, it’s not always the case. Different brands offer different prices for their mini circular saws for various reasons. Some brands may throw in extra features for comfort or luxurious feel and charge more. Some may charge more out of reputation and vice versa. What we are saying is you should look further than the listed price to see what you are getting and if it is worth it.
Another essential factor you should keep in mind when buying a mini circular saw is whether you need it corded or cordless. They are both powerful enough for the mini circular category, but there are upsides and downsides to each.
A cordless mini circular saw is battery-powered and lets you move about your working space as you please. But the amount of power that your battery can store will limit you. So, it’s not ideal if your work sessions are long since you’ll have to stop and recharge the machine. With a corded mini circular saw, you can work for as long as you want once you plug it in. However, your movements are limited by the length of the cord. It may also get in your way as you work. Cordless mini circular are not ideal in places with power problems.
5. Ergonomic build
A mini circular saw with an ergonomic build is designed to offer efficiency as well as comfort. Comfort, in this case, means that it is not just easy to use but also comfortable to handle. It is slight and fits in your hand without slipping.
6. Safety features
It is not advisable to get a mini circular saw that is not equipped with any safety features. As convenient as these tools are, they can be lethal if you don’t handle them well. Aside from that, accidents do happen. Safety locks are there to minimize the chances of accidents. This is something you need to keep in mind while shopping around. If anything, try to get a saw with the best safety features you can find.
7. Availability of replacements
This might not seem like much of a concern when your mini circular saw is brand new, but unfortunately, less than pleasant things tend to happen. A part of your saw could damage, or you may need to replace the blade for a stronger one. It’s best to find out beforehand if replacements are readily available.
Our Picks For Best Mini Circular Saws in the Market
Here are in-depth reviews of the best mini circular saws on the market. Let us know what you think.
WORX WORXSAWWX429L 4-1/2” compact circular saw
The WORXSAWWX429L is a powerful compact circular saw designed to perform great even in small hands. It boasts of an impressive lightweight construction, and you should find it ideal if you are not looking for something strenuous but still packs enough power. With just a single pass, the WORXSAWWX429L is capable of cutting through 2×4” material.
This mini circular saw offers a practical design with few fancy features except those that are necessary. That helps reduce its weight and makes it the ideal saw for a beginner. Its build is ergonomic, which means it was made with convenience and comfort in mind. Unlike traditional circular saws, the mini model has its trigger way back on the handle. It is a feature that improves safety while you are working the saw as it provides a safe and balanced grip.
The saw comes with a vacuum port for clearing away debris from the machine as you work. It is a convenient feature, and theWORXSAWWX429L comes with it. The saw is also equipped with a sturdy blade running at a speed of 3500/rpm.
If you are not sold yet on this mini circular saw, you might want to know that it comes with a lever to gauge cutting depth as well as bevel settings from 0-45 degrees. You should be able to make quick and easy adjustments to your saw.
- The small and lightweight feature allows for optimal performance and speed.
- It comes with bevel settings for adjustments
- Easy to maneuver
- Left-sided blade offers ample cut-line visibility
- Powerful carbide-tipped blade
- Not the ideal saw for thicker materials
- Cut 2x4's in a single pass with an easily maneuverable compact saw that weighs 50% less than a...
- Thin blade makes for less tool strain, resulting in full size circular saw cutting speed and...
- Easy-set depth gauge lever and 0-45-degree bevel settings for quick adjustments. The WORXSAW is...
- Left-sided blade design for great cut-line visibility; grip with integrated safety trigger for...
- Box includes 4-1/2" WORXSAW, 24T Carbide-tipped Blade, Parallel Guide, Vacuum Adapter, Allen Key,...
TACKLIFE circular saw with metal handle
Many mini circular saws are one-handed, making them the perfect tools for most occasions. And as much as they are generally lightweight, working for long periods with one hand is very exhausting. The TACKLIFE circular saw seeks to counter that with its metal handle that you stick to the side so that you can use both hands. It is a smart feature and adds the power of pressure for better cuts. It makes cutting stable as you have better control of the saw.
With a 5.8 Amp motor power and speed of 3,500 rpm, the saw offers reliable performance. It comes with six blades for easy adjustments depending on the material you are cutting. The saw should work effortlessly on wood, soft metals, and tiles. The bevel feature, with the flexibility of 90 and 45 degrees, offers excellent angled cuts. It has a lever for gauging scale depth. You should be able to make precise cuts. To aid in precision, the saw is equipped with a laser guide, an innovative visibility feature that should come in handy, especially in dimly lit environments.
The saw has an ergonomic design for convenience and better control. Its slim grip minimizes stress on your hand, which consequently limits fatigue. There is also a double protection switch in place to offer safety as it prevents the saw from opening accidentally. If you are looking for a powerful mini circular saw packed with helpful features, this compact saw from TACKLIFE could be what you need.
- Ergonomic, lightweight build
- Bevel settings
- Metal handle stick
- Laser guide for precision
- It’s heavy for one-hand operation
- METAL HANDLE & LASER DESIGN: Comes with a unique metal handle, which helps to reduce fatigue for...
- POWERFUL MOTOR & 6 BLADES: Features a 5.8 Amps copper motor to deliver full-size performance at...
- FLEXIBLE 90° & 45° BEVEL CUTTING:Easy-set depth scaled gauge lever allows the cutting depth up to...
- SAFETY DESIGN & ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The double protection switch prevents the machine from...
- VALUABLE ACCESSORIES: You will get:1XTacklife TCS115A circular saw; 6 blades(2x120mm for wood...
GENESIS GCS445SE 4.0 Amp compact circular saw
This model from Genesis is a powerful mini circular saw. It has a basic look with a practical design and may feel cumbersome in small hands, mostly due to its big handle. But that does not take away the fact that the saw can cut materials up to2x. It is a wonderful saw for DIYers as there aren’t many features to tweak with, just the raw basics.
Genesis GCS445SE has a compact construction that makes it relatively weightless. You should be able to work on extended periods without getting fatigued. Might not have the sleekest look on the market, but its lightweight design and excellent power give it a place on this list.
This corded saw comes with a bevel feature to make angled cuts a breeze. You can set it anywhere from 0 to 45 degrees. The blade is also admirable, tipped with 24T carbide; it makes solid cuts without getting stuck. You should know that many saws it this category, tend to get stuck even with higher Amp.
The machine comes with a hose for collecting dust; this should keep your working space clear and free from obstacles. For its price, Genesis GCS445SE offers an excellent deal. You’re getting your money’s worth.
- Comes with a blade wrench and vacuum adaptor
- Premium carbide blade
- Lightweight and easy for one-hand operation
- Great saw for beginners
- Doesn’t feature an ergonomic design for comfortable handling
- Not ideal for a professional setting
- Powerful 4. 0 amp motor | power through your next DIY project with the
- Easy-to-use depth and bevel Controls | make beveled, rip, and cross cuts with ease!
- Quickly cuts through all 2x material | no need to switch to a larger saw. The Genesis 4. 0 amp...
- Spindle lock for quick blade changes | safely and quickly change blades!
- Includes: rip guide, wood-cutting blade, vacuum adaptor and Allen wrench. Everything you need to...
Dremel US40-03 ultra-saw
The Dremel US40-03 is not a tool you want missing in your arsenal. Coming from a series of ultra-saws, this model has extra features for optimal performance. The Dremel US40-01 was a great tool in its right fast, abrasive blade. If you like that model introduction to the Ultra-saw series, you can imagine what this new saw has in store. The blades are highly engineered for precise cuts to tackle projects fast. The saw is also designed with a beginner in mind, and its blades are easy to change as they tend to wear out sooner.
Dremel US40-03 is a powerful machine, no doubt about that. The motor runs with a 7.5 Amp power making the saw an excellent option for handling tougher projects. With the 3 in 1 feature, this saw is quite versatile. You have the added advantage of surface preparations as well as flush cutting, which is especially convenient in a professional setting.
The Dremel saw comes with a durable drive train for added sturdiness. This saw is equipped with a metal foot guard that does a great job of resisting heat, which is usually a part of heavy-duty tasks like cutting metal and grinding. It is also handy due to its sleek ergonomic construction. It shouldn’t be a hassle to work it.
Dremel US40-03 is an excellent mini circular saw that gets it right on balancing compactness and power. You don’t have to give up one for the other.
- Powerful with 7.5 Amp motor
- Comes with a metal handle for better control
- Depth guide adjustments for better precision
- Comes with metal foot
- Durable drive train
- The saw is high-speed
- The blades wear quickly
- Feel the power, Change highly engineered blades fast and easy to tackle any project
- Powerful - 7.5-Amp motor works great tough on applications and faster cutting
- 3-In-1 tool for expanded versatility - go beyond just cutting with the added benefit of surface...
- Faster speed of cut - rip through plywood flooring and cut more metal
- Added durability - long lasting drive train, metal foot and guard to take on more difficult on the...
Rockwell RK3441K compact circular saw
The Rockwell RK3441K is a mini circular saw that scores big on its compact design. It has an ergonomic construction that adds to its performance as you can control the saw effortlessly. The grip is just right and designed with small hands in mind. It is easy to operate it one-handed without getting fatigued. This is an excellent saw for DIYers and fast-timers as its features are simple and practical. You should be able to get the hang of it in no time.
The saw comes with a lock-off switch for safety purposes as well as a metal inner liner. The outer guard is a strong protective feature that will maintain the saw’s durability as you use it on heavy projects. One of its admirable traits is the laser guide, which aids in precision. You should be able to follow your cuts with little effort. It’s also convenient where you have to make cuts with less light. The saw allows you to make angled cuts with its bevel feature up to 45 degrees.
It also comes with a depth guide indicator for adjusting the depth of the blade. The blade is tipped with carbide for extra strength and cuts at a 2-inch diameter. Overall, this is an ideal saw for small jobs, especially DIY projects at home. It should work just fine. But it may not be the ideal saw for professional use mostly due to its small size. However, it is a great deal for its price.
- It’s pretty small with ergonomic design
- Great for beginners as it’s easy to operate
- Comes with bevel settings
- Comes with laser guide
- Very affordable
- It’s not a heavy-duty saw, and there are cases of breakages.
- The blade is not powerful enough for heavy work
- Compact but powerful 5-amp electric motor, matching performance of full-size saws at 3,500 rpm
- At only 5 lbs., is 50% lighter than conventional 7-1/4" circular saws, cuts through 2x4s in a single...
- Left-handed blade design provides remarkable cut-line visibility
- Slim, inline grip design provides great comfort, balance, and control; maneuverable for overhead...
- The saw's maximum cutting depth at 90 degrees is 1-11/16" and its bevel capacity at 45 degrees is...
HYCHIKA mini circular saw
If you are looking for a simple, lightweight mini circular saw that gets the job done, the Hychika mini saw should be at the top of your list. It has one of the fastest no-load speeds on this list at 4500 rpm. The Hychika should make quick work of your projects with minimal effort. While its design is compact and straightforward, it does not have much of an ergonomic feel like most we have covered. It may not be suitable for people with small hands as the handle may feel cumbersome. So, if you don’t mind the basic appearance, you’ll get the most out of its raw power.
The saw comes with three blades for cutting different materials. The 30T blade is suitable for plastic and wood, 36T blade for both soft metal and softwood, and grit diamond specifically for cutting tiles. It has an adjustable switch for various cutting depths up to 1 inch. With 4 Amp motor power, it is certainly not the best go-to machine for heavy-duty work. But it should be able to handle small projects reliably.
The saw is equipped with a double safety button and a power switch that go hand in hand to offer maximum protection against accidental injuries. The saw only works when you press the power and safety buttons together. This is not something you can do while distracted. It also comes with a dust port you can attach to a vacuum cleaner to clear away debris from the working space. Overall, this saw offers a lot more for such a low price.
- Comes with a laser indicator
- It is pretty fast
- Comes with three-blade types
- It is lightweight
- Very affordable
- Bulky at the handle
- Not heavy-duty
- 【DURABLE AND POWERFUL MOTOR】: Featured with a 4 Amps copper motor, the compact circular saw can...
- 【3 BLADES AND COMPACT】: Comes with 1x30T HW for wood cuts/ 1x36T HS for metal cuts/ 1pcs grit...
- 【PRECISE AND ADJUSTABLE CUTTING DEPTH】: With the laser guide, the mini circular saw keeps the...
- 【ERGNOMIC AND SAFE】: The soft rubber handle reduces hand fatigue effectively. Also with a dust...
- 【PACKAGE CONTENTS】 1 * Compact Circular Saw; 1 * 30T Saw Blade; 1 * 36T Saw Blade; 1 * Diamond...
Homitt 5.8A 3500RPM mini circular saw
The Homitt mini circular saw brings to the table easy maneuverability because of its sleek ergonomic construction. Its rubber handle is designed to offer a firm grip with minimal chances of slipping as well as less strain to your hand. Its safety feature is one of the most functional on the market as you have to press both the power and safety buttons at the same time for the saw to run. It also has dual protective guards to optimize safety and increase the durability of the saw.
At 5.8 Amp and speed of 3500 rpm, Homitt mini circular saw offers fast cuts with reliable power. The blades are highly functional, with three types provided for optimal performance when cutting different materials. Its 24T blade is ideal for woodcuts, while the 60T HCS blade is meant for pipes and soft metals like aluminum alloy. The third blade, a 60-grit diamond, is suitable for marbles, stones, and tiles.
The saw comes with a laser guide for accurate cuts and bevel capability, which you can adjust up to 45 degrees. It also has a lever for adjusting the depth of cuts up to 43mm. Overall, this is a powerful saw designed to offer maximum control and visibility as you work. It should work just fine in a professional setting.
- Easy to handle and operate
- Comes with three-blade types
- Comes with bevel and depth adjustment
- Great protective features
- Laser guide
- Heavy-duty saw
- 48-month warranty
- It’s not as lightweight as it may appear
- Can be pretty loud
- [Powerful Motor & 3 Practical Blades] The equipped powerful 5.8A/705W motor delivers you higher...
- [Laser Guide for Precise Cutting] To ensure a parallel cut, laser guide is available in our compact...
- [90° Straight Cut & 45° Bevel Cut Available] By loosening the angle locking lever, you can switch...
- [Great Maneuverability & Safety Guarantee] Compact in size and light in weight, Homitt circular saw...
- [What You Get] 1 x Homitt mini circular saw; 3 x blades(for Wood/Soft Metal/Tile/PVC Pipe/Plastic...
WORX WX523L 20V 3-3/8” mini circular saw
The WORX WX523L is a cordless saw with its lightweight capacity as its primary selling point. It caters to the demands of a compact, easy to handle mini circular saw. This saw is one of the most convenient saws for beginner DIYers and people with small hands. It weighs about 41/2 pounds and should have you working for a while without getting tired.
The saw has an excellent grip for balance and control, as well as a safety trigger for protection while you work. The saw uses a Lithium-ion battery to power the 4Amp motor, which has a running speed of 3500 rpm. The blade size is about 33/8 inches and cuts 1x materials with relative ease. The blade is also tipped with carbide for better performance.
The saw features a dust port that you can attach to a vacuum cleaner for dust collection. As part of the kit, the saw comes with a 20V battery and a charger. It is an excellent saw if you strictly want the lightest mini circular saw, which can work reliably.
- Ultra-light and compact
- Minimal features and easy to operate
- Best for beginners
- It’s not heavy-duty
- Doesn’t have the best protection feature
- Thin blades that are not easy to find replacements for
- Small, compact size for excellent maneuverability and portability
- Grip with integrated safety trigger for comfort, balance, and control
- Exceptional depth-of-cut for cutting 1" stock lumber
- Left-sided blade design for great cut-line visibility
- Dust port for dust vac Hookup and a clean work environment
After going through our review of the best mini circular saws on the market, you hopefully gained insight on what to expect as you shop around. Our reviews were informed by testimonials from consumers such as yourself, who have purchased and used the products with varying outcomes.
Mini circular saws are excellent woodworking tools to have. And hopefully, this guide will help you find the ideal saw capable of meeting your unique needs.
Thank you for reading with us today! Be sure to check out more helpful guides to choosing the right products online at ReviewsCube.
YOUR #1 SOURCE FOR ONLINE PRODUCT REVIEWS & RESEARCH!