Shopping for tools online is fun, but it can also turn out to be overwhelming in a minute. It is tricky if you know what you are getting and especially so if you don’t. There are dozens of brands offering you the same thing with pretty much the same features, but there is always a catch: quality and price.
To make sure you get the best value for your money, we have come up with this detailed review of the best electric brad nailers on the market in 2019. We have also thrown in a few things to look out for while shopping for your ideal brad nailer. Whether you are a veteran woodworker or a DIYer, this review is specially made to help you cut to the chase and buy the best brand nailer.
- 1 What to Consider When Buying a Brad Nailer
- 2 Our Picks for the Best Electric Brad Nailers in the Market in 2019
- 3 1. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX – Cordless Nailer, 18GA (PCC790LA)
- 4 2. WEN 61720 Brad Nailer
- 5 3. Ryobi ZRP320 One Plus 18V Cordless Brad Nailer
- 6 4. DEWALT DWFP12231 Brad Nailer Kit
- 7 5. Ryobi Airstrike P320 18V One+
- 8 6. Makita AF505N Electric Nailer
- 9 7. DEWALT DWFP12231 Air Compressor Kit
- 10 8. DEWALT 18 Gauge DCN680B 20V
- 11 9. BOSTITCH BTFP12233 Nail Gun
- 12 10. BOSTITCH (BTFP3KIT) Air Compressor Combo
- 13 11. Senco FinishPro® Brad Nailer Pro Series
What to Consider When Buying a Brad Nailer
Like everything else, not all electric brad nailers are the same. And you will quickly figure that out if you buy the first nailer you see. Keep in mind your needs and preferences while shopping.
1. Corded vs. Cordless
There isn’t a big difference when it comes to a corded or cordless nail gun. It’s the same thing except for the power cord. Some may go with a cordless nailer out of convenience and portability. Others may prefer the corded nailer because they want to plug and go and not have to recharge a battery. It’s a matter of what is convenient for you.
Corded electric brad nailers tend to be lighter than battery-powered ones, making them a lot easier to carry around. But they may not be ideal if the power situation is not stable. You are probably better off with a battery-powered nailer if you don’t mind the extra weight.
3. Varying Sizes
The electric brad nailers vary in sizes depending on the gauge. The 18 gauge is smaller and versatile, while 15 gauge is big, angled, and packs more power. Some people go for the 16 gauge, which is more like the middle ground.
When you are looking for a quality electric brad nailer, it is important to ensure that the material used offers durability. For instance, you want a motor that can run for long periods without malfunctioning. You also want a nailer that is strong enough to withstand a drop when it slips.
Our Picks for the Best Electric Brad Nailers in the Market in 2019
Here are our picks for the top electric brad nailers in the market in 2019. In selecting the top brad nailers, we put in mind a lot of things. Every brad nailer on this list was selected after careful consideration
1. PORTER-CABLE 20V MAX – Cordless Nailer, 18GA (PCC790LA)
This is a top-quality cordless brad nailer powered with a 1.5 Ah 20V MAX Lithium-ion battery that packs a better run time compared to NiCad. It also comes with an extra 20V battery for a different price. It has a belt hook to make it easy to carry around the job site.
The kit is battery-powered, which means it saves you the inconvenience of a compressor. It is an18-gauge nailer that boasts of consistent nail release. The depth adjustment wheel allows you to drive nails to your ideal depth with ease.
The kit comes with a 3-year limited warranty, battery charger and LED lights if you are working in an area with limited lights.
- An extra battery
- LED lights
- Has an effective depth adjustment
- Does not have a bump fire mode
- NO COMPRESSOR NEEDED: This cordless brad nailer is battery-powered, eliminating the need for a...
- CONSISTENT DRIVING DEPTH: Our depth adjustment wheel allows you to properly countersink nails...
- INCREASED PRODUCTIVITY: A tool-free release lever, jam release, and depth adjustment wheel make your...
- BETTER RUNTIME: Included 1.5 Ah 20Volt MAX Lithium-ion battery lasts longer than NiCad, charger...
- 3 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: PORTER-CABLE will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty...
2. WEN 61720 Brad Nailer
If you are looking for a cheap brad nailer without compromising on performance, then the 61720 brad nailer from WEN should be your best choice. This nailer fires brads ranging from ¾ to 2 inches in length.
This nailer is lighter than many in its range, with an aluminum body weighing 3 pounds. It also has a rubber grip, which doesn’t just make it easier to handle but is also an amazing feature for regulating shock. The nailer operates at 60 to 100 PSI, making pressure adjustments easy. It can also carry up to 100 brads in its magazine and has a quick-release functionality to limit jam clearing.
It also comes with oil and adjustment wrenches. Overall, 61720 is the best nailer option if you are on a tight budget.
- Quite lightweight at about 3 pounds
- Quick-release functionality for clearing the jam
- Has aluminum body for durability
- Comes with adjustment wenches, a case, and oil
- The model tends to jam often
- There are some compromises in the quality
- Fire brads from 3/4 to 2 inches in length
- Operate at 60 to 100 PSI with a 1/4-inch NPT air inlet fitting
- Lightweight aluminum body weighs in at 3 pounds with rubber-grip handle for maximum comfort
- Hold up to 100 brads in the magazine with a quick-release to make jam clearing a breeze
- Includes oil, two adjustment wrenches and a custom carrying case
3. Ryobi ZRP320 One Plus 18V Cordless Brad Nailer
The Ryobi ZRP320 is a factory reconditioned nailer that works with 5/8 to 2-inch brad nails. It uses Lithium-Ion high capacity battery; however, the battery and charger come separately. The unit is excellent for small projects and also pretty convenient in places where a compressor is just too much trouble.
The Lithium-ion battery works amazing. It lasts a lot longer than many electric brad nailers. You won’t have to worry about recharging for every session.
It has a low-nail indicator to let you know when it is time to reload. It fires fast and reliably except for some cases where the model is said to misfire here and there. Overall, its features are made to ease up your work. For instance, it has a light that shines on the target area to make nailing fast and flawless.
- Powerful Lithium-ion battery
- Fires brads at a fast rate
- Comes with a 90-day warranty
- Comes with a convenient target light
- A little heavy at 6 pounds
- Tends to misfire and jam
- BATTERY AND CHARGER NOT INCLUDED
- Dry-fire lockout feature extends tool life
- Selectable drive shift with single sequential or contact actuation
- Low-nail indicator to quickly and easily see when it is time to reload
4. DEWALT DWFP12231 Brad Nailer Kit
If you don’t know already, DEWALT products are some of the best you can find on the market. The DEWALT DWFP12231 is a powerful unit that works with 18-gauge nails ranging from 5/8 to 2 inches. It operates at a moderate pressure of 70 to 120 PSI, which is not the strongest, but fairly reliable to fire fast and consistently.
The nailer has a depth-adjustment mechanism to ensure you are getting the right depth every time. It also has a tool-free jam release. It is made of durable, lightweight magnesium and plastic components that give it an impressive 2.65 pounds. This DEWALT carries a magazine with 100 nail capacity, plus a rubber, non-slip handle for comfort and ease of use. The nailer also comes with a case and a belt hook for convenience and portability.
- Lightweight at 2.65 pounds
- A tool-free jam release
- A belt hook
- A 90-day warranty
- The model has cases of misfire and breakdowns
- Long life maintenance-free motor to keep from staining the work surface
- Tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment with detents for proper setting of nail heads
- Tool-free jam release mechanism for easy nail removal
- Rear exhaust to keep contaminates away from work. Operating pressure 70 - 120 psi
- Drives 18 gauge nails from 5/8" to 2" length. Power Source: Pneumatic. Power Tool Type:...
5. Ryobi Airstrike P320 18V One+
If you are looking for a powerful brad nailer for both any project, then this Airstrike P32 from Ryobi has you covered. It is a cordless unit that runs on an 18-volt Lithium-ion battery. It also has no problem running on NiCad batteries. Just know, however, that for ultimate performance Lithium-ion is the best.
P320 Airstrike offers up to 700 brad nails with every charge, which is typical of quality nailers. Its system comes with a dry-fire mechanism that locks it out so you won’t have to worry about ruining your wood.
The airstrike comes with dual LED lights for convenience in less lighted places. The designers made the handle from rubber and anti-slip functionality. This offers comfort as you work.
- Cordless design for ease of movement
- Can fire different nail types
- Fires up to 700 brads per charge
- Equipped with LED light
- Comes with a belt clip
- You have to buy the battery separately
- It is bulky and heavy at 6 pounds
- Drives up to 1700 nails per charge
- No compressors, hoses or pricey gas cartridges required. Cordless design offers both convenience and...
- Convenient adjustment dial regulates air pressure for optimum results.
- Low-nail indicator to quickly and easily see when it is time to reload
- Includes: 18-V ONE AirStrike 18-Gauge Cordless Brad Nailer, Battery sold separately
6. Makita AF505N Electric Nailer
The AF505N is a tool packed with features that make it one of the best in the market in 2019. For a small brad nailer weighing no more than 3 pounds, AF505N has almost everything you need. You can use it regardless of whether you are at home or on a commercial scale. The unit has a narrow nose that makes it fit easily in hard-to-reach places.
The Makita AF505N has a weightless, easy to handle aluminum design with a rubber handle to avoid slipping. The designers equipped it with nail indicator alerts to help you keep a close eye for when the nails are out. It works with 18-gauge nails ranging from 5/8 to 2 inches.
It also comes with a quick-release, tool-less cam lock, which makes a breeze of clearing out jammed nails.
- Has a narrow nose
- Comes with safety goggles and a tool case
- 100 nail magazine capacity
- May jam often but clearing is fast and easy
- Narrow nose design allows easy nailing access in confined areas
- "Tool-less" quick release cam-lock opens nail guide assembly to easily clear jammed nails; efficient...
- Easy to use "tool-less" depth adjustment dial for a wide variety of finish applications
- Non-marring rubber nose and bumpers protect the wood's surface from being scratched or damaged
- Tool hook can be rotated 180° so tool can remain close by, but never in the way
7. DEWALT DWFP12231 Air Compressor Kit
Another DEWALT brad nailer that makes this list is the DWFP12231. As the name suggests, it uses an air compressor. It is a corded electric unit with a compressor that offers 2.6 SCFM at a fairly strong 90 PSI. This is the recommended pressure in most cases. However, it can go as high as 165 PSI. The unit comes with a 22.7-liter tank.
You won’t have to worry about wrong depths as the unit comes with a tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment mechanism. It is also equipped with a tool-free jam release to clear out jammed brads quickly.
The switch style for this tool is a sequential trigger, which is more than just convenient. It also packs a 100 nail magazine, so it will take a while before you have to reload.
- A powerful brad nailer with up to 165 PSI
- 100 nail magazine capacity
- Fast nail firing
- Highly durable model
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Has a very low noise compared to others
- The tank empties a little fast
- DWFP12231 Brad Nailer drives 18ga nails from 5/8" to 2" length.
- DWFP55126 Compressor offers 2.6 SCFM delivered at 90 PSI pump, 6 gallon (22.7 L) tank and 165 max...
- Tool-free depth-of-drive adjustment and tool-free jam release
- Low 75.5 dBA for a quiet work environment
- Kindly refer user manual for instructions.
8. DEWALT 18 Gauge DCN680B 20V
The DEWALT DCN680B is an excellent tool for its price range. It will save you money if you are on a tight budget, and it won’t let you down. You may experience jamming here and there, but aside from that, this is an amazing tool.
It runs on 20V battery with 18-gauge brads. This brad nailer has a comfortable compact design and an anti-slip rubber handle for a comfortable experience. It has an LED indicator to communicate battery status.
- Has an LED indicator
- Comes with a belt hook
- Strong battery
- Doesn’t come with a battery
- Won’t fire when the battery is low
- Tends to jam
- Diagnostics with LED indicator Communicates battery charge status: charged
- Automatic shut-off protects excessive discharge of vehicle's battery
- Maximum initial battery voltage (measured without a workload) is 20 volts. Nominal voltage is 18
9. BOSTITCH BTFP12233 Nail Gun
The BTFP12233 Smart Point nail gun from BOSTITCH is one of the most versatile brad nailers in the market. We like it because it works with different nail sizes ranging from 5/8 to 21/8 inches. It’s an efficient nailer from one of the most reputable companies around.
The BTFP12233 utilizes Smart Point Technology for accurate placement of brad nails. It also comes equipped with both a tool-free jam release mechanism as well as depth adjustment. With these features, there’s little room for mistakes as you are pretty much all set.
- Has a trigger with two modes of firing
- Features SmartPoint Technology
- Comes with a tool-free jam release
- Depth adjustment
- Comes with a belt clip
- Tends to jam
- Needs a compressor
- SMART POINT TECHNOLOGY: Easy nail placement due to a smaller nose and no need to compress the...
- DRIVES: 18 GA Brad Nails from 5/8" to 2-1/8" length.
- TOOL-FREE JAM RELEASE MECHANISM: For easy nail removal.
- DIAL-A-DEPTH(TM) CONTROL: For precise countersinking of nails.
- KIT INCLUDES: Nailer, 1/4" Air Fitting, Sample Fasteners, Carrying Case and Extra No-Mar Tips
10. BOSTITCH (BTFP3KIT) Air Compressor Combo
The BOSTITCH BTFP3KIT is a cordless air compressor kit with up to 150 PSI. The BTFP3KIT has a tank with a capacity of 6 gallons. It’s a powerful nailer with an efficient motor. We love that it works with 18-gauge brad nails ranging from 5/8 to 2 inches.
You won’t have to worry about maneuverability as the unit comes with a 15-inch air hose. The unit also has a compact design for ease in handling. Its rubber handles are designed to be anti-slip. It has a durable design so it can easily handle a drop or bumps on rough surfaces.
- Heavy-duty crown stapler
- Comes with sample fasteners
- Powerful motor
- 1-year limited warranty
- May have problems with the pressure regulator
- CORDLESS AIR COMPRESSOR: The BTFP02012 is at 6 gallons, 150PSI, and 2.6SCFM with a high efficiency...
- BRAD NAILER: The SB-1850BN drives 18-gauge Brad Nails from 5/8" to 2" for a wide variety of...
- STRAIGHT FINISH NAILER: The SB-1664FN drives 1-1/4- to 2-1/2-inch, 16-gauge finish nails
- HEAVY DUTY CROWN STAPLER: The BTFP71875 drives heavy duty 3/8" Crown staples from 1/4" to 9/16"
- AIR HOSE: 15-foot, 1/4" x 25' PVC air hose with fittings air hose, and fittings offer plenty of...
11. Senco FinishPro® Brad Nailer Pro Series
The Senco FinishPro comes from a series of easy to use nailers that are especially ideal for DIYers. This tool not only offers the best value for the money, but its durable design also keeps it intact during slip-ups and rough handling.
The unit offers trigger selection so you can decide on whether to go with a faster brad placement or not. It also comes with a rear exhaust for convenience around the workplace.
With this model, you can work with brad nails ranging up to 21/8 inches. The unit is also weightless, oil-free with an adjustable depth-of-drive.
- Ultra-light design
- Very durable
- Competitive price for its range
- Trigger selection
- Easy to handle
- Depth-of-drive adjustments
- No alert for empty magazine
- No 360-degree exhaust
- This product is easy to use
- This product is highly durable
- This product is manufactured in China
- Ultra-Light & Durable
- Oil-Free Design
When it comes to purchasing an electric brad nailer, some factors may come into play that makes a great nailer for one person not so great for another.
So before you buy a brad nailer, carefully consider all the factors. Some projects may have very specific requirements when it comes to the length of their brads. It is best to choose a brad nailer that will be a perfect fit for your project.
Thank you for reading! Be sure to check out more reviews from ReviewsCube for your only one-stop to online product reviews and research!