Whether you are going for a walk or want the whole camping experience, you must have a folding saw in the survivalist packing list. This way, you will be adequately prepared with everything you will need for the trip. A great arsenal to have for these trips is the saw. It can cut, chop, and act as a weapon. Some portable options are neither big nor cumbersome to carry around.
When you go shopping for these folding saws, you will soon realize that finding quality that is not too expensive is a great hustle. Most of the ones on the market do not cut it, especially in terms of quality. In this review, we have checked out the best folding saws in the marketplace with apt quality and price. We also include a thorough buyer’s guide that will tell you the features to look for when shopping for a folding saw.
- 1 1. EverSaw folding hand saw all-purpose, wood, bone, PVC. Best for tree pruning
- 2 2. REXBETI folding saw, heavy-duty extra-long 11-inch blade hand saw
- 3 3. Corona RS 7245 razor tooth folding saw, 7-inch curved blade
- 4 4. Bahco 396-LAP Laplander folding saw, 7-1/2 -inch blade, 7 TPI
- 5 5. Coher folding hand saw for tree pruning, camping, gardening
- 6 6. Silky professional series BIGBOY 2000 folding landscaping hand saw
- 7 7. FLORA GUARD folding hand saw, camping/pruning saw with rugged 7.7-inch blades professional folding saw
- 8 8. SOG folding saw – wood saw, hand saw, pruning saw, and camping saw
- 9 9. Silky new professional series KatanaBoy folding saw 500mm extra large teeth
- 10 10. Silky new professional series folding landscaping hand saw POCKETBOY 130mm medium teeth, 340-13
- 11 11. Sven saw
- 12 12. Hooyman extendable tree saw with wrist lanyard
- 13 13. The friendly swede folding hand saw with ergonomic TPR handle
- 14 Consider These Factors When Buying a Folding Saw
1. EverSaw folding hand saw all-purpose, wood, bone, PVC. Best for tree pruning
When hunting for folding hand saws, it is essential to find one that has an apt performance. This is what you achieve with the EverSaw folding hand saw. It is a versatile saw and shall get the job accomplished with at most comfort. This saw has a foldable design, making it convenient even when placed in the pocket. If collapsed, it closes perfectly to ensure that no teeth are exposed.
The handle offers a firm grip since it is not made of plastic as other folding saws on the marketplace. Therefore, it feels comfortable even when working with wet hands.
This saw is meant to remain sharp, allowing you to toil on any cutting jobs without fear. It also reduces friction hence making your cuts precise and highly professional.
- Safety gear lock
- High-quality, rugged design
- Solid grip handle
- The teeth are not quite deep
- HOW WE'RE DIFFERENT: EverSaw 8.0 is a high quality tool with a Lifetime Warranty, backed by...
- RUGGED 8" BLADE, Triple-cut razor teeth hardened to stay sharp for smooth, fast sawing EASILY CUTS...
- ERGONOMIC, slip-resistant, comfort grip handle. Gear style lock for safety. Adjustable medium tooth...
- SUPERIOR DESIGN to reduce friction and binding with Japanese style pull cut sawing
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! If you aren't completely happy with your EverSaw, we will...
2. REXBETI folding saw, heavy-duty extra-long 11-inch blade hand saw
In need of pruning saw that brings excellence in your work? All you need is this folding saw from REXBETI. The saw has aggressive staggered teeth that give you an ultra-smooth cutting action.
This saw is precisely designed to get the job done. Its blades are made of hardened SK-5 steel. This guarantees that the saw is strong and durable regardless of what jobs you put it to execute.
The handle of this saw is padded with rubber to ensure it feels perfect in your hands and does not slip. Unlike other folding saws, this is perfectly designed to fit for both right and left-hand users. Therefore, regardless of which hand you use, the saw will make a great tool. When folded, it ensures to hide all teeth and guarantee minimum chances of causing accidents.
- Locks in different positions for under and over cuts
- Rubber-padded handle
- Lifetime warranty cover
- Strong SK-5 steel blades
- The blade is not long enough for large diameter cuts
- Durable SK-5 steel blade for efficient cutting during camping survival bushcraft landscaping and...
- Heavy duty rugged 11" long blade helps you power through thick branches faster, 11" blade is ideal...
- Aggressive staggered teeth ( 7 TPI ) allows ultra smooth and sharp sawing
- Comfortable and longer rubber coated polymer handle ensures a firm grip in any weather condition
- Lifetime guarantee
3. Corona RS 7245 razor tooth folding saw, 7-inch curved blade
Use this folding razor to cut through all small and medium-sized branches comfortably. The arched design allows the cutter to cut precisely and give you smooth results continuously. Its folding design makes the saw convenient and effortless to transport with minimum risks.
It has a corrosion-resistant and replaceable blade. Therefore, once you get your hands on the saw, you will enjoy years of exceptional performance. It is suited for pruning, clearing tiny bushes, and other backyard uses. Its three-sided razor teeth increase the blade’s efficiency, power, and longevity.
The handle has an ergonomic design that makes the saw simple to employ all day and keeps it comfortable in your hands. It also has an addition chrome layer that adds the stability of the blades and reduces friction while cutting. Therefore, you will not require utilizing a great deal of energy to cut through.
- Limited lifetime guarantee
- Bowed design cuts quickly and efficiently
- Three-sided razor teeth design
- Convenient handle
- The blades get dull faster than expected
- 7" blade Ideal for cutting up to 3" diameter branches
- Ergonomically designed co-molded handle covers blade in folded position; with pistol grip to...
- Easy to latch blade lock prevents injury
- Blade made of High Carbon Japanese SK5 steel with exceptional hardness and durability for a...
- Blades with up to 6 teeth per inch adds greater opportunities to cut wood limbs on cross-cut
4. Bahco 396-LAP Laplander folding saw, 7-1/2 -inch blade, 7 TPI
Are you a wild-life devotee and you are having trouble setting up your camping location, Laplander folding saw got you covered. It is designed to cut throw plastic, bone, wet, and dry wood, etc. Its blade features a coating that reduces friction plus protects it against rust.
The blade size is approximately 7 1⁄2 inch, and on every inch, it has 7-teeth. Therefore, when you get it to action, you will not spend more time even when cutting large stuff. The handle is made of two components leather strap and plastic for a better grip. This guarantees that it will stay firm in your hands even when the weather is not friendly.
- Safety lock design
- Handle made of plastic and Leather strap
- All-purpose cutting blade
- Rust-resistant material
- The saw bends easily in hard surfaces
- General purpose folding saw with an 7-1/2 -inch blade, 7 teeth per inch, for cutting both green and...
- XT Toothing, 7 TPI. Blade is specially coated for rust protection and low friction.
- Two-component plastic handle for perfect grip, with leather strap.
- Specially designed for wildlife enthusiasts, hunters, and campers
- Equipped with safety lock for both lock-in and lock-out
5. Coher folding hand saw for tree pruning, camping, gardening
This is what you need to make your camping, pruning, or hunting experience exceptional. The saw has a sturdy design and unmatched power when it comes to cutting. Its blade is razor-sharp and offers triple cuts. Blades also lock in two different positions, allowing you a smooth cutting experience.
When folded, it fits perfectly in your hand for safety purposes. To make it even more convenient is comes with a plastic case that guarantees no teeth will rip your fabrics. Therefore, you can comfortably place the saw in your pocket or backpack and walk confidently.
- High carbon steel blade
- Plastic case for safety
- Ergonomic handle
- Not suitable for cutting medium size branches
- POWERFUL BLADE FOR PRUNING: Rugged 6.7'' Blade Folding Hand Saw with Triple-cut razor teeth hardened...
- EASY TO USE FOR MULTIPLE ACTIVITIES: Gardening, Camping, Landscaping, Hunting, tree trimming,...
- EASY TO CARRY & STORAGE: To avoid injury, loss or rust we created a PLASTIC SCABBARD to keep this...
- CONFORTABLE, ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The handle is designed with DOUBLE colour ANTI-SKID to offer firm...
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE - Order with confidenc! You can choose REPLACEMENT TOOL or...
6. Silky professional series BIGBOY 2000 folding landscaping hand saw
This hand saw is perfect for trimming, thinning, forestry, and whichever other cutting jobs. Its blade is made with top-grade material and wrapped with a hard chrome plate for corrosion resistance and reduced friction. This guarantees that the tool is essential for employment through challenging conditions.
It has two open locking positions giving you the flexibility of setting the blade where you are much at ease. Its handle has a rubberized overlay with non-slip traits, which guarantees it feels comfortable on your hands.
The silk folding design makes transporting this blade easy. Therefore, it makes a great improvement for your camping items. Additionally, it has a low angle curve for fast and smooth branch cuts. Therefore, it will allow you ample time as you set up your camping space as well as fetching for firewood.
Find the Silky Professional series BIGBOY here just for you!
- Rust-resistant blade with chrome coating
- Rubberized aluminum handle
- Two locking positions
- Foldable design for easy transportation
- It is slightly expensive compared to other folding saws
7. FLORA GUARD folding hand saw, camping/pruning saw with rugged 7.7-inch blades professional folding saw
Having trouble cutting through large branches, this folding hand saw from flora guard is all you need. The blade is designed using hardened stainless steel material for durability and efficiency. With this saw at hand, your camping adventure will be more engaging and full of fun.
It has triple cut teeth that remain sharp even with daily uses, hence giving you effortless cutting experiences. The saw is suitable for pruning and trimming small fruit trees too. Therefore, apart from ensuring your outdoor adventure is excellent, it keeps your gardening needs at par.
The saw also features a comfortable and ergonomic handle design. This guarantees competence in any cutting experience, regardless of the weather condition. Additionally, the ergonomic design assures you that the hand saw will remain stable in hands even when wet.
- Ergonomic handle design
- Stainless steel blade material
- Ideal for large branch cuts
- Teeth hardened for extreme sharpness
- Folding is not straightforward as for other folding hand saws
- Ideal saw for cutting through large tree branches
- Triple-cut razor teeth hardened to stay sharp for smooth, fast sawing.
- Ergonomic and Comfortable Handle: An easy to carry and use hand saw.
- Fully hardened stainless-steel 7.7inch saw blade.
- FLORA GUARD: Dedicating to make a better tools for gardeners.
8. SOG folding saw – wood saw, hand saw, pruning saw, and camping saw
This saw is designed to give you practical surviving skills while you are in the woods. It has an ergonomic design, which guarantees that it will offer you exceptional experience all the way.
The tool is also lightweight, and it has sharp teeth. Therefore, when you get to business, it will only take a few minutes to clear a large area with bushes. The foldable design makes it portable and safe even while in your pocket. When folded, it covers all the teeth to minimize any chances of accidents.
- Foldable design for portability
- Lightweight hand saw
- Carbon steel blade for durability
- It gets dull pretty fast
- COMPACT FOLDING SAWS FOR CAMPING: These hand saws for trees and branches will tackle hard wood and...
- SURVIVAL SAW WITH HIGH CARBON STEEL BLADE: These folding hand saws are built with a removable steel...
- FOLDABLE SAW WITH SOFT TPR HANDLE: Backpacking saw and hiking saw provides a soft grip for cutting...
- PORTABLE FOLDING CAMP SAW: Bushcraft saw, tree saw hand garden saw folds to fit in its durable black...
- SOG KNIVES FOR LIFE: Take care of your compact saw and we'll take care of you; these SOG camping...
9. Silky new professional series KatanaBoy folding saw 500mm extra large teeth
Whether you are left or right-handed, this hand saw will get you working. It has a unique design that guarantees you are comfortable while using it. The saw has a heavy-duty blade for smooth cuts, even on large branches. The teeth have a non-set design allowing you maximum comfort as you get it to work.
Being the largest folding saw on the market, it makes cutting smoother and faster all the time. Therefore, with the saw at hand, your camping will be not only great but also warm. Due to its bigger size, the saw comes with a nylon shoulder bag that has a sturdy design to keep the saw safe.
Additionally, it comes with a Velcro fastening where you can place replacement blades. The handle has rubberized cushioning that is non-slip, and it also offers a comfortable grip all the time.
- Non-slip rubberized handle
- Non-set tooth design
- The largest folding blade on the market
- Comes with a nylon shoulder case
- It is highly expensive
- Largest folding saw on the market allows for 2-handed operation
- 19-4/5-inch (500 mm) blade length ; 46-3/8-inch (1,185 mm) overall length
- 4 teeth per inch (5 teeth per 30 mm) teeth configuration
- 10" cutting capacity
- 2 pack
10. Silky new professional series folding landscaping hand saw POCKETBOY 130mm medium teeth, 340-13
This tool is versatile and can be used for any outdoor adventure you have in mind. It has large teeth making it suitable for cutting small and medium-sized branches at ease. You can take the saw with you when camping or even use it to clear small bushes in your backyard.
Its blade is rust-resistant and has a chrome coating that reduces friction. Therefore, you will enjoy effortless and smooth cuts all the time. Additionally, its folding design makes it possible to replace the blade in case it’s not working right.
The handle has an ergonomic design that feels pretty comfortable in your hands. It has a rubberized finish that gives you a perfect and sure grip even under harsh conditions. Therefore, you are sure that the saw will not slip off your hands or even lead you to make wrong cuts.
- Rust-resistant and replaceable blades
- Versatile usability
- Ergonomic handle construction
- Durable blade material
- Slightly expensive
- Crafted from the highest quality materials Built for performance and durability Made in Japan
11. Sven saw
This is all you need to explore the wild like a pro. The Sven Saw is designed in a lightweight style to ensure it makes a perfect hand tool and easy to transport. It can fit in your backpack comfortably and will not draw you back thanks to its weightless construction.
The blade is made of Swedish steel, which is durable and extremely strong. Therefore, you are sure when you buy this saw, you will not get back to the shops any time soon. It also features a rugged aluminum frame that works as the saw casing. When it folds, the blade fits perfectly in the aluminum frame hence keeping you and your backpack safe.
Unlike other folding saws, the aluminum casing is durable and fully rubberized, making a perfect handle for the saw. Therefore, you will not experience the problems others face with a plastic handle. Additionally, it has a large size making it ideal for use on both small and medium-size branches.
- Swedish steel blade
- Aluminum frame and handle
- Lightweight construction for portability
- The teeth are not evenly spaced unlike in other folding saws
12. Hooyman extendable tree saw with wrist lanyard
This extendable hand saw has an ergonomic and compact design, which makes it the best for all your cutting jobs. The blade is made of high carbon steel that enhances its durability and strength. That means you will not have to utilize a lot of energy to get things right.
It has a comfortable handle that fits in your hands and remains intact even under harsh conditions. To make it even better, it has a wrist lanyard that secures the saw with every step.
The large blade design makes the tool ideal for cutting large and small branches. Additionally, its multipurpose design makes it perfect for cutting both dry and greenwood.
- Ergonomic handle construction
- Durable high carbon blade
- Lightweight and compact design
- It gets dull rapidly
- DIMENSIONS: Extends to 10 feet and collapses to 28 inches
- BE PREPARED: With a compact design, lock back blade and I-beam aluminum construction, this hand...
- DURABLE: Constructed from high carbon SK5 steel combined with impulse hardened 4-edge tooth,...
- EASE OF USE: The positive locking extension system paired with the ability to collapse the pole...
- VERSATILITY: This saw features an in-line design that allows the folding saw to slide and lock into...
13. The friendly swede folding hand saw with ergonomic TPR handle
Just as in the name, this saw is quite friendly, and it will guarantee to make your outdoor experience is exceptionally memorable. It is ideal for any cutting adventure that comes your way from pruning, trimming, to building small structures. When going for a camping adventure, this is what you pack and get the job done perfectly.
Its handle has an ergonomic style, which makes it feel comfortable on your hands without the risk of slipping off. Additionally, the style guarantees that the saw will remain in place, making your cuts precise and highly professional.
The blade is approximately 8-inches and has at least 7-teeth on every inch. Therefore, it will be easy to cut through large branches, and you will not have to strain a lot. Another advantage is that the blade is made of steel, which guarantees durability.
- Foldable design for portability and safety
- Ergonomic handle construction
- Steel blade for durability
- It is slightly expensive compared to other folding saws
- CUT YOUR WAY THROUGH THE BUSH: This saw is the perfect tool for every outdoor enthusiast (even if it...
- 8 INCH BLADE: The saw has a total length of 17 inches and the blade is 8 inches. When folded, the...
- 2 x 27.5" PARACORD: To the saw we have added two pieces of 550 Paracord. Paracord is useful in all...
- SAFETY LOCK: When opening the saw the blade will lock into place to make it sturdier when using the...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: This product is covered by The Friendly Swede's Lifetime Warranty. Our customer...
Consider These Factors When Buying a Folding Saw
There are a few crucial features that you need to think about when you are buying a folding saw. With the above folding saws, you will never make the wrong choices:
1. Ergonomic handle
The first thing you need to do is ensure that the saw is comfortable in your hands. You are going to be doing difficult jobs with the saw. These may include cutting through bones and wood. When the handle is not comfortable, you will end up getting blisters and injuries to your hand. You may also get fatigued quickly and may end up not working effectively. The handle should also be slip-resistant. This way, you can work with the saw when it is raining without worrying that it will slip from your hands and fall or make it difficult to work.
2. Blade material
The last thing you want is a blade that will break after a few uses. You want a strong blade that will protect you and make it convenient for you to use the tool out in the woods. Because of the harsh conditions in which the blade will be used, you must make sure that it is waterproof. Choose stainless steel materials for the blade. This is because you do not want a material that is likely to rust. It should have the ability to withstand excess moisture. You also need to ensure that the blade is replaceable. With time, the blade will be worn out, and sometimes you will cut something that will damage the teeth. Instead of buying a new saw, you should find out if the blade is available for replacement and an affordable price.
3. Type of teeth
To work faster, you want blades that will cut both when moving forward and when going backward. This will allow you to work more quickly and reduce overall fatigue. Additionally, you want to get one that has a high number of teeth so that it can cut through a wider range of materials. A lower amount of teeth limits the number of jobs the saw can handle. It also makes it impossible for it to get through hardwoods.
4. Locking positions
The locking mechanism of the saw will also determine how safe it is. You want one that has two or more locking positions. If you have kids, this will reduce any accidents where the kids unlock the saw and reveal the blades. The higher numbers of locks also guarantee that the blades are safely tucked away when in the locked position.
Choosing the perfect folding saw is not as easy as most people assume. However, it is possible to find one that will last several years of use without showing signs of wear and tear. When you find the right one, it should be affordable and have all the essential features for you to work efficiently and effectively.
Thank you for reading with us today! Be sure to check out more helpful guides to choosing the right products online at ReviewsCube.
YOUR #1 SOURCE FOR ONLINE PRODUCT REVIEWS & RESEARCH!