Removing dead leaves from your property and need a new leaf vacuum? Read our buying guide and our choice of the 11 best leaf vacuums on the market!
There are two sides to Autumn. There’s a fun and beautiful side that is vibrant and full of color. This is the side associated with things like pumpkin spice lattes and Halloween. The onset of fall also ushers in the onset of the Christmas shopping season. If you haven’t started Christmas shopping yet, don’t go into a panic mode just yet. By the end of this article, you might have the perfect gift for someone who enjoys working in the garden.
The flipside, however, is that the trees and brushes are shedding leaves in preparation for winter. The shaded leaves can quickly become a problem in your yard if you don’t clear them away. The frustrating part is, removing dead leaves from your yard, garden or walkway is more of a constant occupation, which can be thoroughly daunting if you don’t own the right tools for the job. If you know someone who enjoys gardening then you familiar with what we are talking about.
Owning a quality leaf vacuum should significantly cut down on your time and effort when it comes to removing dead leaves from your property. The thing is, there are different types of leaf vacuums on the market. There are also tons of brands offering various features that may or may not work for you. Perhaps you need an upgrade from the leaf vacuum you already have, or it’s your first time buying one. Either way, you owe it yourself to find out more about the top-quality models on the market.
- 1 What To Look For When Buying a Leaf Vacuum
- 2 Best leaf vacuums in the market
- 3 1. BLACK+DECKER BV6600 3-in-1 Electric Leaf Vacuum/Blower/Mulcher
- 4 2. SereneLife High Powered Vacuum, Blower and Mulcher
- 5 3. TECCPO 3-in-1 12 Amp Professional Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher
- 6 4. Sun Joe SBJ605E 3-in-1 Electric Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher
- 7 5. WORX WG520 Turbine 600 Leaf Blower
- 8 6. BLACK+DECKER BV3100 3-in-1 Electric Leaf Vacuum/Blower/Mulcher
- 9 7. RM1300 Mulchinator 3-in-1 Electric Blower/Vacuum/ Mulcher by Remington
- 10 8. WORX WG509 TRIVAC 3-in-1 Electric Vacuum/Mulcher/Blower
- 11 9. BLACK+DECKER BEBL7000 Power Boost Blower Vacuum
- 12 10. Echo Blower/Mulching vacuum, Gas, 391 CFM
- 13 11. Sun Joe iONBV-RM Variable-Speed Vacuum/Mulcher/Blower
What To Look For When Buying a Leaf Vacuum
When you are shopping for a leaf vacuum, there are few general factors you will need to keep in mind. Whether you wish to buy a 3-in-1 or not, these factors are essential to any reliable leaf vacuum cleaner.
The power of your leaf vacuum depends on its speed. You find on the market different models with varying speeds. Just know that the higher the speed, the better the suction power. You want a machine with a reliable enough suction power to make the vacuuming fast effortless.
You need a vacuum that can perform more than one task. We are talking about 3-in-1 capacity. These machines are convenient, they save you a lot of time, and you don’t need a separate tool to get the job done when you have all you need in one place.
The type of fuel
This is something you’ll need to keep in mind as it will affect your projects. It also depends on the resources you have available. It makes more sense to get a corded vacuum if your yard is small, and the power port is accessible. It’s also better to go with a battery-powered cordless vacuum if you are dealing with a larger area and you need free movement.
Type of collection bag
Collection bags can either be disposable or reusable. A disposable one makes the task a lot easier as all you need is to fit a new one. Also, some collection bags come in the form of a backpack that you wear strapped on your back. These tend to be much bigger and take more volume compared to the ones attached directly to the vacuum.
Best leaf vacuums in the market
1. BLACK+DECKER BV6600 3-in-1 Electric Leaf Vacuum/Blower/Mulcher
A powerful machine worth your consideration is this Black and Decker BV6600. It is a 3-in-1 electric leaf vacuum with both blower and mulcher functionalities. The 12-amp motor powers three functions at 250 mph. It is corded, which means your movements are restricted. However, it utilizes 120 volts, which is a lot higher than the Black and Decker battery-powered model. This makes it an excellent machine for handling heavy tasks.
One of the best things about this vacuum/blower is its automatic shift from vacuum to blower in a matter of seconds. The conversion is tool-free meaning you don’t need an extra attachment to shift from one functionality to another.
The machine is equipped with an extra-sturdy metal fan that prevents clogging when mulching. You can work freely without worrying about small rocks and twigs damaging the fan. At a mulching ratio of 16:1, you should be able to work with few interruptions as the mulcher will turn 16 bags worth of debris into one.
The BV6600 is relatively weightless, considering its features. It weighs about 8 pounds and comes with three disposable collection bags for ease of use.
- 3-in-1 functionality
- Tool-free automatic conversion
- Not the best option for weightlessness
- The 12 amp motor operates a 3-in-1 blower, vacuum and mulcher all in one
- 250 mph blower with variable speed selections
- Disposable leaf bag system
- Can grind up to 16 bags of mulch down to one
- Air Speed: 140-250 mph; Bag: 1.5 Bushels; Decibels: 68 dBA; Included Components: BV6600 12 Amp...
2. SereneLife High Powered Vacuum, Blower and Mulcher
This High-Powered Leaf Blower from SereneLife offers one of the most comfortable and convenient designs out there. It features a unique 2-in-1 system that has basically been crafted into three functions. The machine is essentially a leaf blower with a vacuum/mulcher integration. The 13.5 Amp motor offers a speed of up to 130 mph. Its mulcher is equipped with a built-in impeller fan boasting tough blades.
The blower/vacuum is powered by electricity and comes with a 10 feet cord for better maneuverability. This machine’s ultimate feature is its rolling wheels. While most vacuum/blowers are handheld, this SereneLife model offers a unique weightless functionality where you won’t have to carry it around. This feature also comes in handy, considering the machine is heavy-duty and equipped with features that would make it too heavy to ferry here and there.
SereneLife High Powered Leaf Blower is equipped with an adjustable handle for height and control. Its reusable collection bag has over 30-liter capacity for uninterrupted work.
If you are looking for a comfortable leaf vacuum/blower that won’t strain you in the least, this is what you want. However, it may not be that reliable for garden or yard work where there are obstacles.
- Convenient rolling wheels
- Wide vacuum/blower mouth
- Hard to use in small and hidden places
- 2-IN-1 GARDEN SYSTEM: SereneLife offers the ultimate home gardening system - it is a leaf blower and...
- PLUG-IN OPERATION: Features a convenient and simple corded plug in operation providing uninterrupted...
- ROLLING WHEELS: The rugged and heavy duty electric garden yard mulcher features rolling wheels for...
- WASTE COLLECTION BAG: The 2-in-1 outdoor vac system includes an integrated reusable waste collection...
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLE: This handheld garden cleaner features comfortable and adjustable handle grip that...
3. TECCPO 3-in-1 12 Amp Professional Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher
If you are looking for power and control, this model from Teccpo is a great place to begin. It has one of the highest speeds ranging from 170 to 250 Mph. it also comes with a switch to change the airspeed as well as air volume however you wish. With an air volume rate of 250-410 CFM, this model offers amazing suction power.
The Teccpo 3-in-1 comes with a unique compact design with an ergonomic feature. This feature makes handling and controlling the machine a lot easier. The handle is designed from PU plastic that gives it excellent flexibility and a comfortable grip. If you are working in wet conditions, the handle should be able to offer slip-proof due to its rough rubber design.
The ultimate feature this vacuum/blower brings to the table is the improved mulching capability. Its mulching ratio 16:1, which is one of the highest for a compact leaf vacuum. The mulcher is also equipped with a heavy-duty impeller fan. The blades of which are made of 65 Mn spring steel are capable of crushing tough debris like plastic. You should work without worrying about damages to the fan.
The Teccpo 3-in-1 comes with an innovative collection bag that is designed to widen at the bottom. This feature helps to carry a lot more volume reducing interruptions.
- High adjustable speeds
- Heavy-duty impeller fan
- A little on the heavy side weighing 11. 55 pounds
- 【Variable Speed】- Variable air speed of 170 / 250 MPH, and variable air volume of 280 / 410 CFM,...
- 【3-in-1 Design】- Combine three functions-blower, vacuum, mulching all in one machine, quick...
- 【Improved Mulching】- Mulching blades made of spring steels of 65Mn, provides an improved...
- 【Ergonomic Handle】- Made of PU plastic, has good elasticity and good grip comfort. In wet...
- 【Improved Collection Bag】- Innovative bottom widening design, zipper-sidelong design, greatly...
4. Sun Joe SBJ605E 3-in-1 Electric Blower/Vacuum/Mulcher
Snow Joe+Sun Joe is a reputable brand that has been around since 2004, and they have been making a wide range of quality and affordable home improvement tools ranging from snow blowers, trimmers, lawnmowers, and leaf blower/vacuums, etc. if you are looking for quality in reputation then this model is just as good as any.
At just 8 pounds, Sun Joe SBJ605E is pretty weightless. It is the perfect tool if you have to work for long periods as it will a lot longer for you to get exhausted carrying it around. Its ergonomic design is one of the simplest on this list. It isn’t bogged down by unnecessary features. With that said, it comes with pretty much every essential feature you can find in a 3-in-1.
The machine packs a speed of up to 250 Mph as a blower as well as a vacuum. The high-powered 14 Amp motor makes your job easy and fast. The mulcher capacity doesn’t leave anything to chance either; it has a ratio of 16:1.
If you’re looking for a tool that is sleek and weightless with a quieter motor, you should really consider this model as it has so much to offer in such a small package.
- Lightweight with an ergonomic design
- A quieter motor
- A poor quality collection bag
- 3-IN-1 DESIGN: Blower, vacuum and mulcher for fast leaf cleanup
- POWERFUL: 14-amp motor generates up to 250 mph of air flow
- DURABLE: Aluminum alloy impeller
- 16:1 REDUCTION RATIO: High-impact resistant impeller shreds leaves up to 1/16th their original size
- WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!: Your new leaf blower/vacuum is backed by the Snow Joe + Sun Joe Customer...
5. WORX WG520 Turbine 600 Leaf Blower
A great improvement to the WG series, this WG520 Turbine comes with performance capability that bests the previous WG518. It’s a heavy-duty air blower with an airspeed capacity of 115 mph. The machine features TURBINE technology that boosts its blower power considerably. With an air volume of up to 600 CFM, this is the kind of machine you want for heavier tasks, where leaf concentration is high, or the leaves are wet and dense.
The WG520 Turbine offers an adjustable speed control feature that will let you determine the amount of speed you want to use at the touch of a button. The machine’s ergonomic design gives a lightweight and comfortable feel. It weighs about 6 pounds, which is far easier to carry around than many blowers/vacuums in its category. The design also serves to release air in a streamline motion that makes rounding up leaves and debris easier.
Overall, if you are just looking for a powerful, high-performing blower, the WG520 Turbine should be at the top of your list. Just keep in mind, however, that this model is only a blower and, as such, does not come with the 3-in-1 functionality. It’s pretty affordable and a good value for the money that is, if you don’t mind not having the mulching and vacuum features in one place.
- A powerful heavy-duty blower
- It’s just a blower
- TURBINE fan technology delivers forceful, high capacity air volume that is up to twice as fast as...
- Dynamic airflow design and Hyper Stream nozzle for maximum performance, variable speed control to...
- Very lightweight at 6.4 lbs. to easily control with one hand without getting fatigued
- Power cord retainer for hassle free leaf blowing.The TURBINE 600 Leaf Blower's attached cord is 11...
- Includes manufacturer's 3 year warranty
6. BLACK+DECKER BV3100 3-in-1 Electric Leaf Vacuum/Blower/Mulcher
The Black+Decker BV3100 is powered by a 12 Amp engine with a blowing capacity of up to 210 mph. It is a heavy-duty machine that runs on electricity. It is a capable vacuum, mulcher, and blower that can run for long periods without problems like heating up. You should also have an easy time handling it as it weighs about 7 pounds with a sleek and comfortable design.
This Black+Decker BV3100 model is a top-quality tool for its price. Considering it offers about every feature you can get from another high-end heavy-duty vacuum/blower on the market. Its two speeds offer flexibility as you can adjust it as you wish to depend on each job’s needs. The one thing you might want to look into more is the mulching capability, as it is not the highest you can find. Most high-quality 3-in-1 leaf vacuums come with a mulching ratio of 16:1. Now, at 10:1, the BV3100 is a little lacking in terms of how many bags you can squeeze into one.
Overall, this is a monster vacuum/blower and the best deal for the money. It’s not a surprise as Black+Decker is known for its quality products.
- Heavy-duty vacuum/blower
- Very affordable
- The collection bag is not up to standard
- Weak plastic impeller
- Leaf blower, vacuum, and mulcher in one to simplify yard clean up
- Up to 210 mph blow speed for fast easy cleanup.Mulch Ratio 10:1
- 2 speeds to choose the right power for each yard task
- Heavy duty vacuuming and mulching to reduce 10 bags of leaves to 1 bag
- Air Speed: 150 / 210 mph; Bag: 1.0 Bushels; Decibels: 69 dBA; Included Components: BV3100 Blower...
7. RM1300 Mulchinator 3-in-1 Electric Blower/Vacuum/ Mulcher by Remington
Remington RM1300 is a 3-in-1 leaf vacuum with a powerful mulcher and blower feature. It is powered by a 12 Amp engine with a two-speed functionality that caps at 150 mph. At 350 CFM, the airflow volume is also strong. The Remington Mulchinator has an ergonomic design that comes with an automatic Quickshift lever technology. What this does is it allows you to shift from one function to another without stopping or removing anything. The mulcher has a ratio of 10:1, which is not bad for a compact tool. It also comes with a rolling nozzle that you can attach for working on hard surfaces.
The RM1300 Mulchinator is overall the best lightweight vacuum/blower on this list. Weighing just 4 pounds, it is the ideal tool for extended periods of work.
- Automatic Quickshift lever technology
- Ultra-lightweight design
- Plastic impeller damages easily
- Powerful 12 amp motor pushes performance to maximum capacity
- Flexible 2-speed operation offers more control
- Convenient mulching feature reduces debris from 10 bags to one
- Simple tool-less QuickShift lever easily converts to tool from a blower to a vacuum
- Ergonomic design is lightweight and includes a shoulder strap for added ease and comfort
8. WORX WG509 TRIVAC 3-in-1 Electric Vacuum/Mulcher/Blower
WORX is one of the top brands on the market when it comes to tools. Like the WG520 we reviewed earlier, this WG509 is also unique in its own way and doesn’t disappoint as long you know what you are getting from it. It’s a handheld electric vacuum/blower with a 12Amp motor power. The speed is up to standard capping at 210 mph with an airflow volume of up to 350 CFM.
This is a compact and lightweight tool designed to offer quality without being bulky. The 3-in-1 conversion is made automatic to limit interruptions. There are no levers or separate tools needed for the shift. The impeller fan is one of the best on the market that comes with a powerful blade shredding at a ratio of 18:1. Now, if you were looking for mulching capacity, this is the right tool for you as it has the highest mulching ratio on this list. It is an excellent tool for a quick and thorough cleaning job without interruptions.
- Heavy-duty vacuum/blower
- High 18:1 mulching capability
- Only designed for a one-handed operation which can be tiring
- All in one design: blower, mulcher, and yard vacuum with flip of a switch conversion
- Powerful 12 amp motor makes a clean, smell free, and efficient alternative to gasoline powered...
- Single handed operation for blower and vacuum modes; angled nose, compact and light weight for...
- Two stage metal impeller with shredder blade provides an 18:1 mulch ratio
- Quickly converts from leaf blower to vacuum mode with the flip of a switch
9. BLACK+DECKER BEBL7000 Power Boost Blower Vacuum
Black+Decker strives again, and this time to offer convenience for those who want a hassle-free cleaning experience. The BEBL700 Power Boost is meant to carter for the demand of backpack leaf vacuums, and it does a good job. It weighs about 11 pounds plus the backpack collection bag, which can be considered heavy except some of that weight is put on your back and not held in the hands.
The BEBL700 Power Boost is a monster vacuum/blower with 12Amp delivering maximum airspeed of 250 mph and air volume of 400 CFM. It comes with a power boost button for amplifying power whenever needed and has a 2-speed adjustment feature. At 16:1, the mulching ratio is one of the highest on the market. If you are into raw power, then this is your tool.
- Powerful heavy-duty vacuum/blower
- Innovative backpack design
- Can clog when used on wet leaves
- Easy-to-wear backpack with up to 2x bag capacity
- Power boost button for increased power on demand.Uses:Blower is ideal for clearing debris from hard...
- Zipper-free bag with wide opening for quick emptying
- Up to 250 mph and 400 CFM for powerful performance
- Converts from leaf blower to leaf vacuum
10. Echo Blower/Mulching vacuum, Gas, 391 CFM
This blower/mulching vacuum by Echo boasts a simple and comfortable design. However, at 11 pounds, it may be as lightweight as it is made out to be. It comes with a 3-in-1 functionality that makes it convenient enough for this list. With an airspeed of 165 mph and airflow volume of 391 CFM. It definitely makes one of the high-performing tools on here.
The Echo blower/vacuum comes with a 2-stroke gas speed control and a tank capacity of 16 ounces. It also has an innovative collection bag capable of storing up to eight bags worth debris into one.
- It is high-performing
- Two-stroke gas speed
- A little too pricy for its features
11. Sun Joe iONBV-RM Variable-Speed Vacuum/Mulcher/Blower
Another interesting product from Sun Joe is this iONBV-RM vacuum/blower. It is battery powered running on a 200W motor. According to the brand, this is a revolutionary battery-powered 3-in-1 leaf vacuum. However, with a 40-volt Lithium-ion battery that runs for about 40 minutes, it is not ideal for heavy-duty tasks. It comes with six different speed settings for optimal use of the wind.
The ultimate feature this vacuum/blower comes with is its impact-resistant impeller fan with powerful blades that shred at a ratio of 17:1. It also comes with a switch to make conversions from one function to another effortless. Weighing about 3 pounds, this model is a perfectly sleek and compact light-duty vacuum/blower.
- Six-speed settings
- 17:1 mulching ratio
- Runs out of power fast and is not suitable for hard tasks
- 40-volt Lithium-Ion battery-powered blower packs the power of a hurricane into the palm of your...
- 3-in-1 design: blower, vacuum and mulcher for fast leaf cleanup
- Quick easy conversion: go from blowing to vacuuming in seconds
- High impact-resistant impeller shreds leaves up to 1/17th their original size
Generally, leaf vacuums are affordable, regardless of quality. Of course, you will across high-end ones, just keep in mind that price is not really a factor and may not influence the quality and performance of the tool. What you need to look into are the features you actually need, as these tend to vary greatly. We hope this buying guide and reviews are able to make your shopping easier.
Thank you for reading! Do you have any tips on selecting the best leaf vacuums? Leave a comment below to let us know.
Be sure to check out more helpful guides to choosing the right products online at ReviewsCube.
YOUR #1 SOURCE FOR ONLINE PRODUCT REVIEWS & RESEARCH!