Are you looking for an exercise that will make your abs pop like that magazine celebrity you so admire? Then look no further! Pull-ups are perhaps one of the most versatile exercises you will ever find. They work on the upper body muscles perfectly, so if you are aiming for perfectly ripped abs and popping biceps and shoulder muscles, these are the exercises for you. Pull-ups will sculpt your muscles in no time!
Pull up exercises are best done with a quality free standing pull up bar, which should allow you to carry out various combined tasks. Pull up bars come in many varieties, with some giving you a portability option. When choosing a pull-up bar, remember that portability also means less stability. Make a choice depending on where you will be using the pull-up bar, with whom, and whether you need to purchase one with different exercise capabilities.
In this article, we are going to take an in-depth look at various free-standing pull-up bars that will act as a guide on the choice you make, and you will be well on your way to getting that ripped upper body! Reading this review means that you already have in mind what you want. All you need now is to gain an insight as to what is available in the market. There are hundreds, if not thousands of pull up bar options in the market, and you will be spoilt for choice. What we have done is make a compilation of 11 of the best free standing pull up bars to enable you to make an informed choice.
- 1 The Best Pull Up Bars That You Should Consider:
- 2 1. Body Champ fitness multi-function power tower
- 3 2. Weider power tower
- 4 3. CAP Barbell power rack exercise stand
- 5 4. Stamina power tower
- 6 5. GoBeast pull up bar free standing dip station
- 7 6. Gravity Fitness portable bodyweight mate & pull up rack
- 8 7. Popsport 280LBS portable pull up bar height
- 9 8. KT men’s pull-up bar
- 10 9. CAP Barbell FM-8000f deluxe power rack
- 11 10. CAP Barbell full cage power rack
- 12 11. Merax Athletics fitness power rack Olympic squat cage
The Best Pull Up Bars That You Should Consider:
1. Body Champ fitness multi-function power tower
If you are looking for a pull-up bar that is incredibly light and versatile for home or light commercial fitness training, then this pull-up bar from Body Champ is for you. Incorporated in 1993, Body Champ is a recognized fitness equipment manufacturer, and the pull-up bar is made from sturdy steel, designed to give you service over a long period.
This unit features Chin Up and Pull up stations with hand grips that are adjustable according to preference. It features a dip station suitable for upper body toning exercises such as triceps, a leg raise station for tightening the lower abs, and quads. This Fitness multi-function Tower is very light, weighing 64 pounds and has multiple workout stations that provide options for working out the upper as well as the lower body.
The slip-resistant foot grips ensure you get a firm foot grip while you exercise, minimizing the risk of injury through slipping. The same foot grips can be used as push-up bars and are adjustable according to the user’s height. Working out in an uncomfortable position is tedious and dangerous, as well. To get the most of your workout session, the Power Tower comes with padded arm and back cushions. The pull-up bar has a very steady base and can be easily set up anywhere.
- Flexible workout stations
- Targets multiple muscles
- The frame is excellent, durable, and height-adjustable
- Safe and anti-slip foot grips
- Padded arm and back cushions
- Has to be assembled
- It does not have a perpendicular grip
- Anatomically-angled VKR forearm pads reduce stress to shoulder/rotator cuffs
- 5 Workout stations for versatile strength circuits
- Comfort-driven engineering & design
- Sleek marbled faux-leather with accented stitching
- Sturdy construction & step-up design
2. Weider power tower
Weider is famous for its state-of-the-art fitness equipment. The Weider Power Tower features a Pull-up station and at the same time, enables you to work on your entire core muscles with its added knee raise section. This function allows you to strengthen the hip flexors and tone your obliques.
The Weider Power Tower allows you to work the entire upper body, targetting the chest, back, arms, and shoulders. Its key features include a Pull-up and Push up stations, complete with padded handgrips for bicep and triceps definition and bicep and shoulders, respectively. The incorporated dip station also comes with padded handgrips and builds endurance in your chest and biceps. The Vertical Knee Raise Section (VKR) provides maximum comfort with its padded armrests that concentrate on toning and isolating abs by targeting the core muscles. The back is comfortably cushioned by vinyl support. It is not heavy and weighs 86 pounds, yet it can take weights of up to 300 pounds.
- Solid and durable frame
- Lots of cushioning and padding which makes it very comfortable to use
- Its weight capacity can reach up to 300 pounds
- Targets multiple muscle groups
- Its work stations are versatile
- Not easily portable because of its towering frame
- Not easy to assemble
3. CAP Barbell power rack exercise stand
CAP is a renowned pioneer in the fitness industry. It has been in operation for over three decades and has branches all over the world.
The CAP Barbell Power Rack is safe and comfortable and promises to give you a solid workout, whether you are weight training or just for a typical workout. Its dimensions, when assembled, are 46 inches by 50 inches and a height of 85 inches. This unit is constructed out of 11 and 12 gauge steel tubing that meets the ASTM testing standards.
The Barbell Power Rack has built-in storage for pull up bars and weights, and the double gussets give the stand excellent stability. The industrial zinc hardware and powder coat finish provide an extraordinary position with maintenance-free durability.
- It is durable and stable
- The squat rack is adjustable
- Weight capacity of 200 pounds
- The plates, bar, and bands not included
- The base takes up a lot of space and is not ideal for cramped spaces.
- SPECS Assembled dimensions are 46 inches wide x 50 inches deep x 85 inches high
- CONSTRUCTION The 11 and 12 gauge steel tubing allows this bench to meet and exceed ASTM testing...
- FEATURES Built in bar and weight storage. Double gusseted uprights provide exceptional stability...
- RELIABILITY Durable powder coat finish and industrial zinc hardware provide exceptional...
- TRUST Trust experience. CAP has been a pioneer in fitness for over 30 years and has locations...
4. Stamina power tower
Stamina has been in the fitness industry for more than two and a half decades. The Stamina Power Care allows you to carry out several bodyweight activities that help in weight loss, muscle building and mitigates heart diseases. Bodyweight exercises are great for cardio and work all the major groups of muscles. You can use the Stamina Power Tower for a variety of exercises such as chin-ups, vertical knee raises, dips, push-ups, pull-ups, etc. Secure handgrips at every exercise station offer comfortable and stable exercise sessions, supporting up to 250 pounds. It can comfortably fit in most spaces, especially indoor spaces. The no-slip endcaps ensure the Power Tower does not damage its resting surface, especially if you are using it indoors. It has a 90-day warranty on parts and a five-year warranty on the frame.
- It targets several muscles at a go
- Its work stations are adaptable
- It has a small 49 by 42 inches footprint, which does not take up a lot of space.
- The handles are padded with foam for a comfortable grip
- The frame is sturdy and reliable steel that will last a long time
- It has no back cushion, making it uncomfortable for long exercise sessions
- Its weight capacity is limited to 250 pounds only
- WHY POWER TOWER? Power Towers allow for many different bodyweight exercises, helping you lose...
- ALL-IN-ONE FITNESS EQUIPMENT: The versatile Stamina Power Tower 1690 can be used for pull-ups, dips,...
- STABLE AND COMFORTABLE: Secure foam hand grips at each exercise station provide stability and...
- FITS MANY SPACES: After an easy assembly, the Stamina Power Tower 1690 is a compact 49"x42.5"x81",...
- WARRANTY INCLUDED: Comes with 5-year frame and 90 day parts warranty.
5. GoBeast pull up bar free standing dip station
The GoBeast pull up bar allows you to do more than 35 exercises, ranging from leg raises triceps dips, chin-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, knee raises, etc. This unit improves core stability, balance, overall stamina, and is a great confidence booster.
The Go Beast comes highly recommended by personal trainers, citing it to be an ultimate indoor or outdoor strength trainer. The maximum weight the pull-up bar can hold is 300 pounds or 150kg.
The dimensions are as follows:
- Height of Dip Bar- 1.15m
- Pull up Bar Height- 1.95m
- The gap between inner bars- 60cm
- Base dimensions-120cmx120cm
- User’s maximum weight- 330 pounds
- You can assemble and disassemble the Go Beast in under 2 minutes
- You don’t need tools for assembly
- It comes with a PDF exercise manual that gives you pointers on the type of exercises you can do with the Go Beast.
- The base is slippery, and you have to either get extra padding or make sure the floor is rough
- Not suitable for people taller than1.95m as that is the maximum bar height
- 💪 Over 35 Exercises - Push Ups - Pull Ups - Knee Raises - Leg Raise - Triceps Dip - Chin Ups...
- 💪 Personal Trainers - recommend, use and approve the GoBeast multi-use station, taking it...
- 💪 Max User weight 300lbs/150kg - Dimensions- ( Dip Bar Height = 1.15m ) + ( Pull Up Bar...
- 💪 Build & Dismantle the freestanding exercise machine in less than 2 minutes, workout...
- 💪 Downloadable PDF Exercise Manual Sent By Email After Purchase, BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - Get...
6. Gravity Fitness portable bodyweight mate & pull up rack
The Gravity Fitness Portable Bodyweight Mate and Pull up rack is excellent for various exercises, including dips, pull-ups, leg raises, front and back levers, and incline press-ups. It weighs a mere 19kg, with the maximum user weight being 110kg. You can disassemble it in a short time. The top bar’s width is 116cm, and the dip bar distance is only 60cm. The pull up bars come with a carrying bag, and this means you can easily transport the bar from place to place. Travelling is no excuse for not exercising! You can catch up with your reps wherever you go!
- It is super easy to assemble
- It is incredibly light and easy to move around
- It is limiting in terms of weight. A person heavier than 110kgs cannot use it
- The base legs tend to splay
- The dip handles are a far apart for a small built person
- Suitable for a full range of exercises including Pull Up, Dips, leg raises, incline press ups, front...
- Now Includes carry bag
- Distance between dip bars: 60cm, Width of top bar: 116cm
- Weighs only 19kg, Maximum user weight 110kg
- Collapsable in just a few minutes
7. Popsport 280LBS portable pull up bar height
The Popsport portable pull up bar, as the name suggests, is compact and very convenient. You can carry the rack with you to the office or place it anywhere in your home, then fold it up after use and store it away. Its portability does not limit its load capacity, and it can bear a maximum load capacity of up to 280 pounds or 130kgs.
The Popsport pull up bar is constructed from heavy-duty steel pipes, making it strong, stable, and durable. It is in an A-shaped structure with support bars welded on the four legs, making it very sturdy.
The Popsport is excellent for your upper body workouts, which include chest, abs, lower back, arm, biceps workouts for any gender. The barbell rack is adjustable and perfect for any height between 140m to 250cm.
- One person can quickly assemble the Popsport pull up bar
- It is portable enough to be carried anywhere
- The A-shape with the support bars makes it sturdy
- The metal bars welded between the bars prevent yoga enthusiasts from placing yoga mats through it for floor poses.
- It cannot withstand rigorous activity, and can only take light to medium action
- 💚 Pull up dip station material: Steel;Max weight capacity:330lbs;pull up dip station...
- 💚Multifunctional tower for push-up, pull-up, knee-raise, leg-raise, dips, chin-up, body...
- 💚The stable frame is augmented by supportive to complete abdominal and arm-focused workout...
- 💚 Easily assemble and dismantle the freestanding dip station and pull up bar in less than 2...
- 💚 The power tower is suitable for men and women to build pretty body, pull up exercises,...
8. KT men’s pull-up bar
The KT Pull up Bar is a great way to exercise without having to limit your movements or bend your legs during exercise. There will be no more damaging your door frame while doing pull-ups! This pull up bar is excellent for people with a height of between 150cm to 200cm (4.92 and 6.56ft) and weighing less than 485pounds (220kgs). You can adjust the height without using any tools from 76.7 to 100.4 inches, and you can choose to make it so high that your feet do not touch the ground.
This is one of the sturdiest portable pull-up bars. The KT pull-up stand has a high capacity to bear loads, with a maximum load capacity of 771.6 pounds (350kgs)! It can easily handle the most vigorous exercise without buckling.
The KT pull up bar is made from an alloy steel frame coated with powder. The KT pull up rack features an antenna structure, which helps to spread distance and adjust height evenly. It takes up very little space and only takes up an area of 44 and 48 inches. Accessories such as hanging hooks, handle grips made from foam, yoga hammock, punching bag, TRX kids’ swing chair, etc. can be added without much hassle.
The many positive attributes of the KT pull up bar make it even more attractive. The pull-up bar is portable and foldable. You can use this equipment anywhere you choose. You can take it to the office, and after a workout, 8 seconds is enough to fold it. However, you must be very careful. Ensure you are strong enough to lift the 63.9 pounds (29kgs) bar.
The KT pull up bar comes with a five-year guarantee as the manufacturers are triple sure of the bar’s quality.
- The KT pull-up bar favors tall people. Most people do not find a pull-up bar that accommodates their height. With this pull up bar, you can adjust the height to a point where you have to jump to reach it.
- It is foldable and portable. You have a choice of where to place it when exercising, and folding it is fast and easy.
- You can add accessories such as hammocks, kids’ swings, or punching bags.
- It is heavy and requires a strong person to assemble it alone
- If used by two people of different heights, you have to keep adjusting the height
- STANDING PULL UP BAR FOR FULL BODY SWING: No need to bend your legs, limit your movements or damage...
- STURDY AND SAFE FOR EXERCISE: This is the pullup portable rack you can trust with your eyes closed....
- HIGH STRENGTH ALLOY STEEL FRAME WITH POWDER COATING: The KT pullups rack has antenna structure that...
- PORTABLE AND FOLDABLE: The KT adjustable pull up bar can be folded up quickly in 08 seconds to free...
- 6ft - 8ft KIPPING PULLUP BAR HOME GYM WITH 5 YEARS WARRANTY: No matter how intense your workouts may...
9. CAP Barbell FM-8000f deluxe power rack
The CAP Barbell pull bar is made from 12 and 14 gauge steel while the overhead workout station comprises of high-quality tubular steel. The pull-up bar goes through the 3-step powder coat finish for durability. Gussets make for additional support, and the capped frame is perfect for oxidation prevention.
The CAP Barbell features:
- Three-band posts and double plate posts on each side for added resistance
- Two safety catches
- Pull-up bar and bar holders with ABS sleeves for scratch prevention while removing the Olympic bars
- Two j-cup bar catches
- 30-day warranty from the manufacturer
This rack is an excellent platform to perform not only pull-ups, but also bench presses, squats, and more. You can target both the upper and lower body with the Barbell and get to kill two birds with one stone. When assembled, the CAP Barbell measures 81 inches in height, 61 inches wide, and 47 inches deep. It weighs 103 pounds with a maximum load capacity of 600 pounds. The bar catches can handle 300 pounds, and the pull-up bar 300 pounds.
- It is very versatile, allowing the user to do several exercises and work both the upper and lower body
- It’s made from very durable materials and will give its owner service for a long time.
- It has a high load capacity and can withstand vigorous and high force activities
- It is light and needs holding down for kipping
- The bar takes up a lot of room so make sure you have enough space before buying
- Heavy-duty construction - steel construction comprised of 12- and 14-gauge steel thickness; overhead...
- Durable & reliable - 3-step powder coat finish for exceptional durability; gussets for extra...
- Features - two plate posts, three band posts on each side to add resistance, Two j-cup bar catches,...
- Versatile - Use this power rack to perform squats, bench presses, pull-ups and more; target the...
- Specs - Assembled specs 47-inches deep x 61-inches wide x 85-inches tall; power rack weighs...
10. CAP Barbell full cage power rack
The CAP Barbell Full Cage Power Rack’s dimensions while assembled are 43.62 inches wide, 47.5 deep, and a height of 72 inches. The CAP Barbell is exceptionally durable, made from sturdy 12 and 14 gauge steel tubing, which comfortably meets the industry standards.
The weight capacity for this power rack is 500 pounds for the catches and 750 pounds for the pull-up bar. The uprights are gusseted, which gives them super security and stability. The pull-up bar works on strengthening your core muscles and your arms, while the safety bars and catches offer some reliability. Industrial zinc hardware and the powder coat finish lending the cage a superb durability void of maintenance.
- It is exceptional in terms of stability and durability.
- Its load capacity is distributed between the catches and the pull-up bars
- It is easy to assemble, and the height is adjustable depending on the user
- The rack width is too narrow for a big-bodied person
- You have to secure the rack to the ground to be able to do bench or shoulder presses comfortably.
- SPECS - Assembled dimensions are 43.62" Wide x 47.5" Deep x 84" High
- CONSTRUCTION - The 12 and 14 gauge steel tubing allows this rack to meet and exceed industry...
- FEATURES - Gusseted uprights provide exceptional stability and security. Catches and safety bars...
- RELIABILITY - Durable powder coat finish and industrial zinc hardware provide exceptional...
- TRUST - Trust experience. CAP has been a pioneer in fitness for over 30 years and locations...
11. Merax Athletics fitness power rack Olympic squat cage
The Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack is a two by 2 inches durable steel gauge. It consists of four steel chrome weight bars that are adjustable to your desired level. The pull-up bar is built-in and has a safety spotter, a low row attachment, and a lat pull-down, which is designed to work the back muscles.
The steel chrome pulls up the bar has rough grips to prevent slipping. The apparatus is 85 inches in height and a cage depth of 45 inches. It comes with a lifetime warranty on the frame and a two-year warranty on the parts.
- It is sturdy and durable, with a lifetime warranty on frame and a two-year warranty on the moveable parts.
- The pull-up bar is equipped with safety measures including safety spotters for safe weight lifting
- Easy to assemble
- The cage is small if you have stored some plate on the storage pegs
- The lat pull-down has to be lubricated constantly
- 🏋️ 2"x 2" sturdy steel gauge and 4 solid steel chrome adjustable weight bar supports
- 🏋️ Built in pull up bar, safety spotter, lat pull down, and a low row attachment
- 🏋️ 21 variable positions for bar supports ranging in height from 17.5" to 68".
- 🏋️ Solid Steel Chrome pull up bar with knurled grips. The construction stands 85" tall...
- 🏋️ Lifetime warranty on Frame and 2-year warranty on parts.
All we have done is provide a guide on free-standing pull-up bars. The final decision rests with you, depending on what you are looking for, and what your ultimate body goals are. Rocking sculpted muscles is no walk in the park; neither does it have to be torturous. Get equipment that gets you results, but won’t kill you in the process! If you are a newbie, read widely, and good luck in getting that beach body!
Thank you for reading with us today! Be sure to check out more helpful guides to choosing the right products online at ReviewsCube.
YOUR #1 SOURCE FOR ONLINE PRODUCT REVIEWS & RESEARCH!